We were privileged to have Mrs. Ijeoma Olujekun, Brand Manager at Evron Food Store, as a facilitator at our recently concluded MSME Roundtable. Ijeoma shared her experiences with building a customer base from scratch and gave us some serious tips with us on how to create and develop rich, fruitful and mutually beneficial long term relationships with individuals; helping us to convert these individuals into a customer base.
Here are some key points of her presentation:
- Every business starts with zero customers
- There is always a customer for your product, irrespective of the product.
- Define your target customer (your #1 Customer) and tailor your marketing efforts to meet the needs of that customer
- Meet your customers at the point of their need and through their preferred mode of communication
- Do your customer research diligently
- Create an enhanced user experience for your clients
- Sell a lifestyle, not a product
- Identify your value proposition early
- Sometimes in the business journey, your value proposition may have to change in order to reach your client
- Create Win-Win relationships with your customers
- Nobody cares about your brand except you; make it your mission to transfer the vision of your business to the minds of your customers
- Understand the customer Lifecycle
- Sometimes you need to do something iconic to get noticed!
- Value your customer data like you value your life
- You need to be on every platform that enables you communicate and engage with your customer!
- Do not be limited in the use of communication media, engage in multi-channel interactions and encourage your clients to do so as well
- Always look out for ways in which you can increase your channels of interaction, look for every platform your customers are comfortable with
- Twitter is a very powerful medium because it allows you to aggregate information using the simple hashtag
- Customer service is the best form of marketing
- Make use of free advertisements, endorsements and opportunities for building business connection.
- Personalise each and every customer interaction
- The more a brand is seen, the more a brand is bought
[slideshare id=BGEifDt5Yq9sjM&w=595&h=485&fb=0&mw=0&mh=0&style=border:1px solid #CCC; border-width:1px; margin-bottom:5px; max-width: 100%;&sc=no]
[slideshare id=8tHzUIJS2We0ji&w=595&h=485&fb=0&mw=0&mh=0&style=border: 1px solid #CCC; border-width: 1px; margin-bottom: 5px; max-width: 100%;&sc=no]